Eddaheim is now hiring a Senior Programmer
Work for the home of stories
EDDAHEIM is seeking a talented and motivated SENIOR PROGRAMMER who is interested in joining our exciting start-up game development company with an assignment-based position starting from June 2021.
Eddaheim is developing Neon Knights: Humanity Erased; a cyber nordic noir game set in a frozen Copenhagen in the year 2079. The story follows Nik Gates, played by Lars Mikkelsen - A digital exorcist belonging to a secretive order called the Transenders. Behind the Wall of Copenhagen, its citizens are digitizing their consciousnesses and uploading them to the cloud at death. But as with any other data, the human spirit is vulnerable to corruption. And should your new eternal life suffer enough corruption, you transform into a monstrous replica of your former self - A Holo. And the Transenders will find and erase you.
As a senior programmer you will be working with ambitious designers and artists to find creative solutions and solve interesting problems in a game world. As a senior programmer in a creative start-up you will have a lot of impact on the production and final product and our ideal candidate is a strong problem solver and creative thinker.The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with a team and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
Eddaheim is a medium sized company with an agile workflow which means a lot of opportunities to set your own fingerprint on our game while working with a broad team of highly talented developers across multiple disciplines.
We are a diverse workplace and encourage people of all ethnicities, genders and beliefs to apply.
We are currently working on offering equity options.
Primary Location: Copenhagen - with the possibility of remote work.
You will be
- Working as the lead of the engineering tea, implemting gameplay features for our flagship title Neon Knights: Humanity Erased.
- Defining, developing, testing, analyzing, and maintaining gameplay systems both in engine and project scope to support the games vision and studio requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing mechanics and technical design.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years professional programming experience
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
What we offer:
- A chance to get in at the start-up stage of a games studio with high ambitions
- A lot of responsibility and chance to put your fingerprint a new game and company
- Workplace that encourages thinking out of the box, learning new skills and tools and experimentation.
- At Eddaheim we work with a agile work schedule based on a four day work week
Interested? Send us an email at email@example.com with a:
- Cover letter or small text describing yourself and your motivation to join the project.
- Resume with all relevant information
- Portfolio: Please include any examples of game project you've worked on, either independently or professionally